This recipe is for those who have pasta & find out last minute that they don’t have their sauce! GASP ! & all you have is a can of tomatoes… or nothing at all. Haha. Well if this hasn’t happen to you.. it happened to me. I was at the time making ravioli. This sauce is great for any kind of pasta: ravioli, spaghetti, etc. It’s affordable & simple. It’s great especially for us college students who don’t want to buy a large container of pasta sauce.
It has just the right amount of sweet and tarte. Enjoy!
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 garlic
- 1 tomato
- Dash of thyme
- Dash of parsley flakes
- Red Crushed Pepper (optional if you like spicy pasta)
- OPTIONAL: Ground beef/turkey/pork, sausage, hotdogs
- Crush & mince the garlic
- Dice the onions to your liking
- With the olive oil, lightly coat a nonstick pan & turn settings to medium high
- Add the garlic and onions. Stir till golden
- Add the can of tomatoes (include the chunks of tomatoes and sauce)
- Lower stove to medium low and stir
- Add the sugar and stir
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, & parsley flakes (optional: add red pepper flakes)
- If the tomatoes are whole, mash the tomatoes with a spoon until they are small chunks
- Add the additional fresh tomatoes
- Dash of pepper and salt
- Stir until a boil and then turn off your stove.
- Voila! You are done
- Optional: If you decided to add any meat into the sauce.. start with step 1-4 and then brown the meat. Afterwards, continue on with step 5.
I bought pre-made ground turkey ravioli which I boiled & then poured the delicious sauce right onto the top. I added additional pepper, parmesan cheese & parsley flakes.